Within our support for children with special educational needs, we aim:
- To enable all children, whatever their special needs, to participate fully in the life of the school and learn from a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To provide an appropriate range of settings and activities, so that each child is challenged, experiences high expectations and achieves successes.
- To encourage a high level of self-esteem.
- To work in partnership with parents and children to assess children's needs, to develop specific, individual targets and strategies to achieve this.
- To seek advice and intervention from external agencies as necessary, and work in collaboration to meet children's needs most effectively.
Mrs Janet Hickey is the school's SEN co-ordinator and Mrs Michelle Howes is our school governor with responsibility for SEN.
SEND Information Report - Please view in slideshow
Supporting Your Child
At Ringstead School, we try our best to ensure all children's needs are met and know you want to do all you can to help, too. To help further your child's learning at school, here are some great links that will give you access to help and resources.
Dyslexia Assist website - general help, support and resources relating to dyslexia
Nessy - activities to help support spelling in children with dyslexia