Within our support for children with special educational needs, we aim:
- To enable all children, whatever their special needs, to participate fully in the life of the school and learnfrom a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To provide an appropriate range of settings and activities, so that each child is challenged, experiences high expectations and achieves successes.
- To encourage a high level of self-esteem.
- To work in partnership with parents and children to assess children's needs, to develop specific, individual targets and strategies to achieve this.
- To seek advice and intervention from external agencies as necessary, and work in collaboration to meet children's needs most effectively.
Mrs Jasmine Shaw is the school's SEN co-ordinator and Mrs Michelle Howes is our school governor with responsibility for SEN.
Supporting Your Child
At Ringstead School, we try our best to ensure all children's needs are met and know you want to do all you can to help, too. To help further your child's learning at school, here are some great links that will give you access to help and resources.
Northamptonshire Local Offer Website - click to view link
Caring4OurKids Website - click to view link
Legal Resources for Medical Needs - click to view link
Keeping Disabled Persons Safe While Remodelling - click to view link
Creating a Home Where Your Disabled Child Can Thrive - click to view link
Teacher Resources for Special Needs - click to view link
Disaster Preparedness for Special Needs - click to view link
Home Accommodations for Special Needs - click to view link
Disability Resources from the Department of Labor - click to view link
Tips for Disabled Persons to Declutter and Organize their Home - click to view link
Financial Planning for Special Needs - click to view link
Dyslexia Assist website - click to view link with general help, support and resources relating to dyslexia